David Babaii NEWS
POPSugar gives an insiders look into Gwyneth Paltrow’s busy life and the people inside it, including her Stylist David Babaii.
UMA THURMAN’s MET BALL GALA HOW-TO WITH DAVID BABAII
MAY 7, 2013: Mastering a chic, polished pony tail like that of statuesque Uma Thurman at the MET Gala this year is as easy as following these five simple steps from Celebrity Hair Stylist David Babaii. That’s right – you don’t have to frequent the red carpet in designer frocks to be able to flaunt fabulous hair!
1. Prep hair using David Babaii Supreme Smooth Shampoo & Conditioner.
2. Section hair and apply a small amount of David Babaii Instant Straight Smoothing Balm to the mid-lengths and ends of each section.
3. Blow dry hair in sections using a paddle brush, making sure to keep the blow dryer facing down to create a smooth and sleek finish. Straight iron ends to keep them looking blunt.
4. Dust in David Babaii Instant Miracle Hair Volume Powder to the top front and crown areas to give volume and texture. Spritz David Babaii Miracle Elixir Nourishing Oil to give shine and gloss to hair. Smooth sides with extra oil to keep super sleek and pull hair back and up, securing with an elastic. The contrast of volume at the front, and sleek sides gives the look a modern and contemporary feel.
5. Coat with David Babaii Finished Styling Spray to hold in place and make the style last.
HOT-TIP: Higher pony’s are really flattering and pull features up, accentuating facial angles and contours.
Check out Uma Thurman’s look on New Idea’s website here: http://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/new-idea/fashion/beauty/article/-/17049096/how-to-uma-thurmans-high-pony-tail/
DAVID BABAII STYLES THE WORLD’S MOST BEAUTIFUL WOMAN FOR PEOPLE MAGAZINE
APRIL 30, 2013 : As one of the most notable hair stylists in the field, David Babaii has become the ultimate stylist to the stars, creating this gorgeous look for Gwyneth Paltrow’s World’s Most Beautiful Woman 2013 People Magazine cover.
Re-create Gwyneth’s natural style at home with the David Babaii range of products by following these simple steps:
1. Prep hair using David Babaii Absolute Hydration Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Spritz David Babaii Blow Out Spray onto damp hair. Dry hair with a hairdryer using your fingertips to tousle through sections. To give hair added bounce, try flipping your hair upside down while drying.
3. Once hair is 75% dry, start sectioning off 2-3 inch pieces of hair. Using a round boar bristle brush dry the front sections of your hair first by wrapping a section around the brush and blowdrying downwards. Once each sections is completed, roll piece into a loose curl and secure with a clip.
4. With blowdrying complete and clips removed, tap in David Babaii Instant Miracle Hair Volume Powder to the roots of hair for extra lift. Apply a small amount of David Babaii Polished Creme Serum into the lengths of your hair to seal the cuticles and give hair that healthy glow!
HOT-TIP: Ensure you thoroughly rinse out conditioner – nothing spoils a blow-out like having residual conditioner left in your hair leaving it heavy and flat.
DAVID BABAII STYLES GWYNETH PALTROW FOR IRON MAN 3 PREMIERE
CELEBRITY HAIRSTYLIST DAVID BABAII REVEALS HOW HE ACHIEVED KATE HUDSONS 2013 GOLDEN GLOBES LOOK
One of the most sought-after hair stylists in Hollywood, David has recently re-branded his hugely successful DAVID BABAII hair care collection with a sleek new look and new and improved formulations that harness the combined power of science and nature to deliver exceptional hair care results.
“For this year’s Golden Globes, I wanted to show off Kate’s healthy, shiny hair with a style that emphasised her true Hollywood beauty,” said David. “Kate is our generation’s Brigitte Bardot, with soft, voluptuous hair that is touchable yet glamorous – she is the perfect muse and my inspiration!” he said.
To achieve Kate’s Golden Globes 2013 look, David used a number of products from his newly formulated DAVID BABAII range, starting with the Blow Out Rapid Blow Dry Spray (RRP: $24.50) – a heat protectant spray designed to speed blow drying time and provide overall texture and structure to the hair.
Next, he added the Whipped Volume Styling Mousse (RRP: $24.50), to give a “natural, long-lasting fullness without any heaviness.” Starting with a medium round brush at the root area to add more volume, David then switched to a large round brush to smooth hair and create soft, rounded edges.
After drying, David created a natural side part and lightly misted Miracle Elixir Nourishing Oil Spray (RRP: $29.95) all over for stunning shine and gloss. For her sexy, side-swept fringe, he wrapped hair around a medium round brush, spraying a small amount of Finished Styling Spray (RRP: $24.50). With the blow dryer temperature on high he directed heat on the brush followed by a quick blast of cool air to set. Gently he removed the brush to release the fringe. With his fingers, he combed through to allow the hair to fall naturally into place.
To finish, he misted the hair all over again with Finished Styling Spray for “soft, touchable hair with memory hold.”